Monday, June 8, 2009

An empty slate


An empty slate..........a clear canvas
an empty goblet............a spotless beach

my life a canvas.....bereft of colour and shape...

what's not in reality...can never be...just be....not what’s to be

and I am but a mere speck in the infinite grains of sand


[This poem is one I specially requested my friend, Priya Don Gre, to offer for this feature. I have taken liberty with editing the long poem she wrote out of deep pain. I have really no right to do anything with it. But this space has limitations and I hope PD will excuse me for it. It's beautiful poetry which makes the seething pain so palpable.]


The visual is credited to J Andrieu. Model: Sophie, www.jandrieu.com



2 comments:

  1. Well, you aren't a speck Priya. You are God's gift to earth, with a body and a soul. Admire your body as God's handiwork and adore your soul as a piece stolen from the divine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you my dear angel...you have just proven to me that God does take care..and I do admire myself as god's one fine creation!!! lolzz...naah i mean it buddy!!
    merci...oui...

    ReplyDelete